Pre-Aug. 31st Enrollment Price ($50.00)
"This project, SGVMT's Theater Business Academy known as The Broadway Locker, is supported, in part, by the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors through the Los Angeles County Arts Commission."
The Broadway Locker training program is geared to high school aged students with an interest in the theatre arts. The program will inspire and teach students how to take control of their career in the arts by providing them with performance master classes and theater business workshops in producing and fundraising that they would not normally learn in a high school drama school setting. The goal of The Broadway Locker is to help prepare and guide students towards job opportunities in theatre.
Some of the workshops included in the September Program
1. Musical Theatre Master Classes – performance based workshops in acting, voice and movement.
2. The Broadway Audition Experience – How to audition for professional music theatre. Picking out the right song and monologue and insider tips and feedback.
3. The Basics of Producing a Show- where students will learn how to create a budget, identify venues, license show material and develop techniques to cover the costs.
4. Finding Your Voice in a Multicultural Society – writing, improvisation and character creation workshop teaching students how to discover their own voice and create original material.
5. Speaker Panel of Industry Professionals - discussing the topic of How to Have a Career in Professional Theatre complete with a Q/A session. Exploring places to find job opportunities and being prepared for submitting for jobs. Focus on SoCal regional theatres, 99 seat theatres, Theme Parks, and Cruise Ships. Led by Casting and Industry Professionals.
Supported in part with by
The Pasadena Tournament of Roses® Foundation